Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Learning Theories Week 1 T2P

I never stopped to think about how I learn.  I knew certain teaching styles did not mesh well with my abilities but it has been so long since I've had a teacher as opposed to a lecturer that I had forgotten that learning is a complex idea.  Today I've been forced to realize that there are many factors influencing the many ways individuals learn.  In order to effectively teach to a large number of students you must cater to as many of these learning styles as possible while remembering to recognize these external factors that also impact a students life. 
I am assuming that the rest of this semester will cover the many ways that these factors can be included in a teachers lesson plan.  The group work we did was informational in that regard.  Many of my classmates in this INTEL group had the same learning style.  We were very strong social learners.  For that reason I believe the group work was very useful for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment